This external massage lifts and guides the uterus into its optimal position in the lower pelvis. The uterus is held in position by over 10 ligaments. Ligaments, when stressed or strained cause the uterus to become mal-positioned. If the uterus is mal-positioned, women experience a multitude of symptoms.
What are the symptoms of a displaced uterus?
- Painful or irregular periods
- painful or irregular ovulation
- Dark or brown blood at the onset and at the end of menstruation
- Headache or migraine with period
- Varicose veins and/or tired, weak or numb legs
- Lower backache, back pain with period
More serious imbalances including:
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Frequent urination; bladder infections, incontinence
- Chronic miscarriages
- Difficulty conceiving
- Painful intercourse
- Chronic constipation
- Difficult menopause/peri-menopause
… To name a few
What could cause a displaced uterus?
- Injury to the sacrum or tailbone from a fall, car accidents, etc
- Pelvic ligaments that have weakened due to overstretching during pregnancy and birth
- High impact exercise, running on cement surfaces, high impact aerobics, etc
- Lifting and carrying heavy objects before or during menstruation and too soon after child birth
- Time and gravity
- Past surgeries
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Chronic muscle spasm around the low back and sacrum
- Emotional armouring from abuse at anytime in life
Is Mayan Healing recommended for all women?
Almost every woman, even those who have had hysterectomies can benefit greatly from Maya Abdominal Therapies™ through improved circulation, lymphatic drainage and a decrease in the formation of scar tissue.
Uterine Massage is not performed:
- During menstrual bleeding
- Within the first 6 weeks following a normal vaginal delivery or the first 3 months after a c-section
- For a woman using an IUD for birth control
- If cancer is present or suspected anywhere in the pelvis, or the client is undergoing chemotherapy for this condition
- During the first trimester of pregnancy
- [W:Hiatal Hernia] – gentle touch only
How does it help women who have had a Hysterectomy?
Women who have had hysterectomies benefit greatly from Maya Abdominal Therapies™ as well. The technique improves circulation in and around the area of the scar and allows for proper flow of the lymph, which often becomes blocked after surgery, resulting in swelling, burning and deep aching pains in the pelvis. By using Maya Abdominal Therapies™ techniques on a regular basis, scar tissue will be prevented from forming in the pelvis after surgery. Ligaments and other remaining organs are benefited from improving circulatory flow to the pelvis.
‘If the womb is out of balance the woman is out of balance’
Artist credit Tamara Adams